STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
News, analysis, primary law, and marketing:
We have what you need to set your payroll service bureau apart
Our goal is to empower you by providing the resources you need to position your payroll service bureau as a trusted advisor and go-to resource, enhance your credibility and earn more business. That’s why we’ve designed a brand new bundle of Thomson Reuters Checkpoint products with your precise needs in mind.
Expert payroll tax analysis
- 1094/1095 Handbook
- Payroll Guide & Payroll Charts
Cutting-edge marketing tools
Late-breaking payroll tax news
- Payroll Guide News
We’ve incorporated late-breaking news, in-depth research, expert guidance and cutting-edge marketing tools into one potent program – all for an unparalleled price. Enhance your credibility with customers, showcase your expertise and power up your potential for more business opportunities.
Stand out by staying on top of hot topics, sharing critical updates and learning in real-time. You will never miss a thing – and neither will your customers.
Call us today at 866.240.8477 or submit the form on the right to learn more about our elite program for payroll service bureaus.
Our comprehensive programs include the most trusted payroll news, analysis, primary law reference and tools for payroll service bureaus.
EBIA 1094/1095 Workbook
This comprehensive online resource collects and analyzes information from multiple IRS sources to provide the information employers need to prepare and file Forms 1094 and 1095.
Features you’ve come to expect from Thomson Reuters are included in this new title: in-depth analysis, examples, tables, checklists, timelines, sample documents, practical tips and links to the relevant primary resources.
Here is an overview of some of the areas covered in the workbook:
Reporting fundamentals — an explanation of why reporting is required, which employers are required to report, how reporting ties in to other health care reform provisions (including employer shared responsibility under Code § 4980H), the legal basis for required reporting and guidance available from the IRS
- Getting started — a summary of the key health care reform concepts employers need to understand (including identification of full-time employees, minimum essential coverage, affordability, minimum value and 2015 transition relief) and the related factual information employers need to compile to accurately complete the forms
- Detailed analysis — line-by-line review of the forms, including the purpose of each line, information needed to complete it, how to report applicable transition relief for 2015 and practical tips and pointers, based on a detailed review of the instructions and other IRS guidance
- Filing the forms — explanation of the process for filing forms with the IRS and furnishing statements to employees, including due dates, extensions and reporting alternatives
- Scenarios — overview of numerous reporting scenarios (including fully insured and self-insured plans, mid-year hires and terminations, monthly and look-back measurement methods, COBRA and breaks in service), illustrated with sample filled-in forms
RIA Payroll Guide on Checkpoint
Comprised of two sections, analysis and primary law, the Checkpoint Payroll Guide is a comprehensive and coherent payroll reference and research tool that payroll professionals have relied on for more than 75 years.
The Guide provides detailed explanation and analysis of federal, state, and local income tax withholding. It includes special industry coverage of the healthcare, education, government, non-profit, entertainment, and hospitality payrolls as well as federal and state forms, payroll savings ideas, calendars of deposit and filing due dates,withholding tables, quick reference charts to speed research, hundreds of real-life examples,tips, and cautions from payroll experts. Within the Guide, you will find answers to all of your questions about:
- Deposit and reporting requirements
- Social Security and Medicare taxes
- Federal unemployment tax
- State unemployment tax and disability benefits
- Affordable Care Act
- Supreme Court’s ruling on same sex marriage
- Federal and state wage-and-hour laws
- Garnishments and child support withholding
- Employment tax rules governing resident and nonresident aliens working in the U.S., as well as U.S. citizens working abroad
- Special payroll calculators
The Guide also featuresawealthofprimarylawdirectlylinkedtothetextoftheanalysistogiveyou statutory backup when you need it to make your point with management, unions, and employees or just for your own peace of mind. Primary law coverage includes:
- Full text of the Internal Revenue Code and the Federal Tax Regulations, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the FLSA and FMLA regulations
- Canadian payroll and wage-hour law, including the full text of the relevant provisions of the tax treaties and totalization agreements
- Tax ramifications of sending employees to work outside the U.S. in several countries
- Many IRS publications and state unemployment tax statutes as well as access to e-Forms RS tax form library
RIA Payroll Create-A-Chart
Our Payroll Create-a-Chart tool provides immediate access to the most up-to-date federal and multi-state payroll tax comparison charts with hypertext links to detailed explanations. The Chart gives you access to over 175 Payroll Tax Charts that cover:
- Federal and state withholding tax
- New hire reporting
- Unemployment tax
- Wage hour and payment issues
Chart results will let you know if you have to worry about local payroll taxes in addition to state payroll taxes and link seamlessly to the associated analysis in the Payroll Guide.
RIA Payroll Guide News Weekly
Hands down, our Payroll Guide News is the best in the industry – entertaining, insightful, and comprehensive in its coverage of federal, state, and local payroll developments and trends. Our news service is designed to alert you to new payroll tax developments, including new federal and state laws, rate changes, payroll tax conferences and much more. The Payroll Guide News features:
- Alerts on new payroll tax developments
- Extensive, in-depth coverage of hard news
- Commentary and advice from experts
- Coverage of superior court cases
- Administrative rulings and interpretations
- Court and agency ruling summaries
- State payroll-related legislation
Each issue delivers in-depth news stories, news briefs, court and agency ruling summaries, state payroll-related legislative and regulatory highlights.